Fashion’s Night Out has become the biggest shopping event in the world: 18 countries will participate in this year’s shopping extravaganza. For the second year in a row, Boston is partaking in the fun, and there will be dozens of events around the city. Not sure where to spend your night? We went straight to the producers of FNO Boston – Michelle McCormack and Richard Villani – to find out where the party’s at.
- The Fifth Avenue of Boston will shut down to vehicular traffic to accommodate FNO revelers.
- There will be bands and musical performances every three blocks along the street.
- Mayor Menino will officially kick off the night at 6 pm on Newbury’s center stage.
- POP WOMAN: A pop-up shop at Copley Society of Art Gallery that will feature women’s clothing from emerging local designers, plus chocolate and Champagne.
- Stop by: Alex & Ani for refreshments, cocktails and a gift with purchase, Ann Taylor for cocktails and hors d’ oeuvres, Diesel for an in-store DJ and customer gift, DKNY for some bubbly, Nanette Lepore for cupcakes, prizes and gift-with-purchase, and Marc Jacobs for a party with Boston Magazine. Other participating retailers hosting in-store fun include DVF, Kate Spade, Jonathan Adler, La Perla, Madewell, Scott James, Zara and more.
- Boston Common magazine will host a fashion show
- Champagne and gourmet cupcakes will be served
- Nearly all of Copley’s retailers will participate in the event, offering in-store deals, entertainment and refreshments.
- Don’t miss: Neiman Marcus will host a jam-packed night, starting with a Fall 2012 fashion trend presentation, followed by advice from style advisor Dave Chen, a chance to meet jewelry designer Coomi, plus fortune-telling, Henna tattoos and more.
- There will be a fashion show
- Head to Saks Fifth Avenue for Champagne, sweets, models and a live DJ.
- The movie “Confessions of a Shopaholic” will be screened at the South Lawn
- The world’s fastest pianist will perform live
- The AIDs Action Committee and Fashion Project will host a charity drive
- Fashion Truck will be parked at 24 School Street for a charity donation drive
The South End
- POP MAN will be held here, featuring clothing from emerging local menswear designers.
- Many of the shops in the South End will offer discounts, gifts-with-purchase, refreshments and more from 5-8 p.m. You will also be able to earn “restaurant dollars” while you shop (see next bullet).
- Area restaurants like Aquitaine, Red Lantern and Union Bar and Grille will offer special cocktails from 8-11 p.m, plus the chance to use those restaurant dollars you earned.
- Meet fellow shoppers at the night’s official FNO meetup