As one of the world’s top makeup artists, you can bet that Charlotte Tilbury knows a little something about making women look beautiful. Luckily for us, she’s sharing some of those tips with us! Thanks to her, we have our makeup drawer covered with great new product recommendations, and top seasonal tips. Here are our favorite beauty questions, answered by the master herself.
Her top three tips for summertime heat and beauty hotness are below:
BOLD BROWS ARE STILL ALL THE RAGE THIS SEASON. HOW CAN WE TEST THE WATERS BY FILLING IN OR ADDING DRAMA TO OUR OWN BROWS?
Brows are the pillars of the face and so important for framing a makeup look. I shape, fill and highlight my own brows using my three-way shape lift and shade Brow Lift tool. Never over-pluck – invest in getting your brows professionally done and follow these steps to cheat Cara-worthy brows:
- Step 1: To reveal your true eyebrow shape, brush the hair upwards
- Step 2: Lightly fill in any sparse areas with the brow sword. Hold the pen against the side of your nose vertically – that marks the beginning of the brow. Move the pen so it crosses the centre of the eye, to find the highest point where your arch is. The brow should end in line with the outer corner of the eye.
- Step 3: Finally, highlight under the brows with the highlighter and blend well to lift and define them.
HOW CAN WE UPDATE THE TRADITIONAL SMOKEY EYE FOR A LIGHTER LOOK FOR THE END OF SUMMER?
For me, summer is all about metallic shades creating liquid molten metal eyes, which mesmerize. For a gorgeous, soft and natural look, simply swipe on Eyes to Mesmerise and blend in using your fingers. Jean, inspired by Marilyn Monroe and Jean Harlow, is a sparkling pink champagne that perfectly off-sets blue eyes. The revolutionary water-infused formula with added vitamin E soothes and hydrates the eye area and offers seamless application for super smooth results that will last all day.
ANY HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO HELP US AVOID THE SWEAT AND SHINE FOR THE REST OF THIS MUGGY WEATHER?
Start with a nourishing primer – you need to prep the canvas, so the makeup will last all day. Opt for sheer, dewy textures rather than heavy foundations. If you must use a foundation, try a tinted moisturizer with SPF. Creating a long-lasting eye look is a challenge so use a crème eye crayon for an alternative summer, smoky eye and finish with lashings of mascara. To avoid unsightly shine, use a finely milled powder, dusting it over targeted areas, such as the T-zone for a flawless complexion.
Now that we have all the tips, what should we have at home to get the look? Here are our top picks from the brand to have you looking summer fresh and ready:
- Wonderglow Instant Soft-Focus Beauty Flash Primer – This will set the stage for epic selfie perfection
- Full Fat Lashes Mascara – You will never be able to go back to another brand once you try this baby out with a cat eye metallic smokey eye
- Filmstar Bronze & Glow – Extend your summer tan into early fall with this duo
- Red Vixen Lip Lustre – The perfect alternative to a lipstick and a great way to add drama to take your daytime look into the evening
And for more tips on getting a summer glow, check out Charlotte’s step-by-step video: