2017 was a year of highs and lows – ok, so mostly lows. I mean, this year really put us through the ringer. Let’s review, shall we?
President Trump served his first year in the office, which made it feel like 8 years because time really flies when you’re having fun, amirite? We all FINALLY got the Game of Thrones action we were desperately craving- only to be told we have to wait until 2019 for the next and last season. What do we even have to live for until then? The Kardashian klan unanimously announced communal pregnancies (KYLIE ARE YOU PREGNANT? Y/N I NEED AN ANSWER) because you know, they really needed some additional media coverage. My personal favorite event of 2017 was the failure of the Fyre Festival, a “luxury” festival gone hysterically wrong.
All in all, this year was a cluster, but at the very least, we got some dang good Instagram memes out of it:
- It’s been a tough year, ok?
2. The theme of 2017: Netflix judging us
3. V annoying when my boss asks me to stop looking at memes to do my job.
4. The look we were all going for in 2017, tbh.
5. Service vodka is a thing that 2017 needed.
6. Honestly was a bit confused, thank you for the clarification.
7. Glad to know I wasn’t the only one.
8. The truth hurt in 2017.
9. The fact that it’s almost 2018 and no one has invented a filter I can wear instead of makeup really says no one is trying hard enough.
10. Lesbereal, 2017 required A LOT of improvisation.
11. Me to myself.
12. Not my fault 2017 had zero chill.
13. Just a girl in search of her partner in cheese.
14. ***PUPPY PICS
15. Or just remember everything you ate on an average Tuesday.
16. It’s you, not me.
17. 2017 was a very confusing time.
All I can say is, bring it on 2018.