1. On Thinking Sprinter. The first thing on the minds of fashionable friends Kelly Chrischilles & Katie Kahn when talking style was how to give our winter wardrobes new life in these “sprinter” (Spring/Winter, get it?) months. You might be tired of your sweaters and boots, but Kate suggests giving them new life by mixing transitional and layering pieces from both seasons into the same outfit. Warmth and spring style, at last.
2. On Trends to Watch. Once the weather finally warms up, these two are more than excited for more pastels and tea length skirts (Kate) and more casual options like athletic inspired pants and slip on sneakers (Kel). Kate is looking forward to wearing her lighter spring options in blush pink, and maybe complimenting them with her signature Chanel black caviar flap bag (below). Kel on the other hand, is all about the black and white runway styles, also with a great statement bag of course.
3. On Their Personal Style. Both admit to craving (and maybe even “borrowing”) things from each other’s closets, but they also look to women like Olivia Palermo and other bloggers for style inspiration. Each pulls from different sources for style ideas, but having their own personal style is very important as well. And that style doesn’t always have to remain the same. “I think your personal style is something that can evolve with age, mood, and season,” Kate says. “I don’t believe anyone needs to be defined to a specific personal style. To me, personal style is whatever makes you feel best at that moment in time.”
4. On Splurges. Kate has a thing for Hermes, and both ladies love shopping at local Chicago spot, Edith Hart. To limit splurges only to must-haves, Kel gives herself a one-day grace period before she pulls the trigger on something from one of her favorite designers, which is part of her mantra that “every piece of clothing or accessory has to serve a purpose in my closet.”
5. On Must-Haves. In terms of items to always have in your closet, no matter the season, Kate goes classic with her staples: perfecting fitting jeans, a blazer and a “no-fail” LBD. While these pieces might take some hunting, and an investment price tag, Kate promises they’ll never steer you wrong. Kel splurges on accessories like perfect nude pumps, which give you “great bang for your buck,” delicate gold jewelry and a stellar bag. Her favorite from her own closet is her Celine trapeze bag, which is also Kate’s favorite!
6. On Working as a Team. They each find inspiration and indulgence in different things; Kate loves the Real Housewives series on BRAVO! and shopping on Robertson Boulevard in LA while Kel can’t get enough of her growing interest in photography and exploring the different neighborhoods of Chicago. But regardless of where they find their passion, they both are very aware of how lucky they are to be blogging partners and friends.Kel says, “We have always had so many common interests and now we get to put that into our work and put ourselves out there. It’s fun to get to do that together and talk to each other about our inspirations and goals.”
See the gallery below for more looks at their favorite spring outfits now and be sure to check out Kel&Kate for our L&C feature there today, and other Chicago news! Thanks to the wonderful Britta Marie Photography for all your help with their photo shoot!– Kaleigh