Smoking slippers have been a trend for a few seasons now. But long before they found their way onto the feet of celebrities and style bloggers, they were a staple of the preppy wardrobe, found in abundance on Ivy League campuses and in Greenwich, Connecticut, often emblazoned with family crests or school mascots. Recently, though, designers of smoking slippers (even those responsible for the preppiest pairs) have been using this one-time emblem of prim and proper dressing as a canvas for funny, ironic, and even irreverent designs. And we like that a whole lot better.
Here, a few of our favorite sassy smoking slippers.
1. Del Toro x Rotten Road Upgrade Please Slipper: Especially funny if you’re stuck in the last row of coach. In a middle seat.
2. Stubbs & Wooton The End Slipper. Your feet are the end of your body, after all.
3. Ramon Tenza I <3 U Slipper. Just be careful not to wear these on a first (or probably second or third) date.
4. Del Toro x Rotten Road Never Complain Slipper. Two excellent mottos to govern your life by, right there at your toes.
5. Mara & Mine Fuck I Love You Slipper. To make these beauties office-appropriate, simply sit on your right foot all day (totally worth it!).
6. Ramon Tenza Keep Calm & Carry On Slipper. Step into the New Year wearing the unofficial motto of 2015 on your feet.
7. Stubbs & Wootton Screw U Slipper. The perfect complement to a bitchy resting face.
8. Jeffrey Campbell Broken Slipper. Everyone you walk by all day will wonder about the story behind your sad, pissed off shoes.
9. Stubbs & Wootton “Undecided” slipper. There’s never been a better shoe for an election year.
Go ahead, add these guys to your holiday wish list.