As New York Fashion Week comes to a close, we’ve received the inside scoop on how to mimic those voluminous, chic, and sleek hairstyles that walked the runway this season. With help from Redken we’ve got the list of tips and tricks on how to get the runway look right at home.
Sometimes making your hair look as if it’s just dried at the beach post-swim, with perfect salt water waves, can be a lot harder than it seems. For a chic and sexy beach look from Alexander Wang’s SS 2017 Show, follow these few simple steps from Redken’s Global Creative Director, Guido.
“1. Start with wet hair. Prep the hair by spraying it heavily with Fashion Waves 07 to get a bit of texture.
2. Use a diffuser to scrunch the hair for added texture, and dry hair approximately 50%.
3. Run your fingers through your hair to add separation.
4. Pump a small amount of Rough Paste 12 and distribute throughout ends for a defined beachy look.
5. Part hair to one side.”
To gain that effortlessly chic and sexy look that we’ve been seeing on the runway this fall, follow Redken’s simple how-to from Baja East’s SS 2017 Show.
“1. Prep hair with Beach Envy Volume Texturizing Shampoo to help enhance its natural texture. Allow hair to air dry.
2. Part hair in a messy middle part.
3. Take a bandana and fold it in a large fold. Tie it tight across the forehead behind the head to add a strong, hippie chic look.
4. Use hands to pull at random strands across the part for a messy, effortless look.
5. Finally, spray Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist throughout the bottom half of the length. Mist length with water for a messy, shiny look.”
If you’re going for a more natural yet delicate look, then his how-to is definitely for you. From Tory Burch’s SS 2017 Show, Redken provided the models with an “effortless and chic” half up, half down look. Redken’s Beach Envy shampoo provided just the right amount of texture to bring some volume to the simple look of a half up, half down hairstyle.
“1. Wash hair with Beach Envy Volume Texturizing Shampoo and air dry.
2. Spray in Wind Blown 05 for added texture and finish with a curling iron as needed to create sporadic, natural waves.
3. Create a center part and pull back two sections of hair from the temple, leaving wisps loose around the front hairline.
4. Secure hair in the back with an elastic and use a section of hair from the ponytail to wrap hair around and conceal the elastic. Use a bobby pin to secure the end piece underneath the ponytail.
5. Finish with Wind Blown 05 to increase hair texture and complete the natural, beachy look.”