1. Glamour has amped up its women in power theme with their May cover story featuring Michelle Obama, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kerry Washington. The trio is teaming up to support the First Lady’s Joining Forces initiative, which provides support to active service members, veterans, and their families. (Glamour)
2. Lauren Conrad sports a new fashion accessory for her latest collaboration for her LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl’s collection. And while the Laguna Beach star is usually ahead of the accessory trends, we’re not sure you’ll be seeing this Disney designed accessory on the runway any time soon. (US Magazine)
3. Turns out that not everyone is a fan of the Zoolander 2 stunt at Valentino’s fashion show earlier this year. In an interview with Hello! magazine, Karl Lagerfeld talks about turning down a role in the upcoming movie and how he wasn’t exactly pleased with all of the “Blue Steel” hoopla at fashion week. (Hello!)
4. To celebrate Balmain’s first London flagship store, Olivier Rousteing has enlisted an envy-inducing group of Brit It Girls to be part of the elusive Balmain army. With famed faces like Jourdan Dunn, Lily Donaldson, Sam Rollinson, Lottie Moss, Olympia Campbell, and Matilda Lowther, this army might just be ready for a full on fashion takeover (Dazed).
5. Frances Bean Cobain stuns in a romantically eerie shoot for Rolling Stone, and confesses that she isn’t really a Nirvana fan (gasp!) (Rolling Stone).