Summer is winding down, and while that means an end to bikini season (hooray) it also means fashion’s favorite time of year. September issues, designer collaborations, and NYFW are all about to start, and I for one cannot wait. Until all the fashion craziness hits, here are five of the best fashion stories of the week including the much-anticipated Altuzarra for Target lookbook and the coolest version of paper dolls we’ve ever seen.
1. Altuzarra for Target is here and although you can’t shop the looks until September, the lookbook is out and definitely living up to all of our fashion dreams. Structured trench coats and snake-skin printed dresses that would make any 70’s glam girl proud are all part of the collab (Refinery 29).
2. Karl Lagerfeld was right when he said that “it’s never too early to care about fashion,” and it seems that Carine Roitfeld agrees in the new issue of CR Fashion Book entitled “the Future.” The spread features a baby North West in a mini Chanel sweater and bag…sure beats my OshKosh B’gosh cardigan that I was rocking at age 1 (Refinery 29).
3. Emma Ferrer, Audrey Hepburn’s granddaughter, stuns on Harper’s Bazaar’s September cover, but then again when Audrey Hepburn is your grandmother, you can pretty much bet on acing the genetics game from day one (Fashion Gone Rogue).
4. In Marie Claire’s latest cover story, Blake Lively proves that life after Gossip Girl is pretty normal, and reveals that hubby Ryan Reynolds’ favorite food is a good hot-fudge sundae…us too Ryan, us too (Marie Claire).
5. In perhaps the coolest news we’ve heard all week, New York Magazine’s Fall Fashion Issue will feature paper-doll esque photos where photographer Bobby Doherty took this season’s designer pieces and placed them into iconic films. Click though to see Judy Garland rocking a pair of sparkling red Saint Laurent booties that’ll make you wish you could click your heels and switch places with Dorothy (NY Mag).