Check out everything you may have missed from Paris Fashion Week including, Carine Roitfeld’s over the top birthday fiesta, Jean Paul Gaultier’s last show, and Amal Alamuddin’s to-die-for wedding wardrobe:
1. Talk about major FOMO… Carine Roitfeld ended fashion week with a party to end all parties. Whether it was Karl Lagerfeld taking selfies with Justin Bieber or Carine and Paris Hilton spinning at the DJ booth, it was definitely one party that the fashion elite won’t forget anytime soon (CR Fashion Book).
2. We didn’t think Chanel could top last season’s runway supermarket, but once again Karl Lagerfeld outdid himself by turning the Grand Palais into “Boulevard Chanel” for a girl-power themed runway show. With Cara, Gisele, and Kendall all strutting down the runway with signs like “Make Fashion Not War” and “Women’s Rights Are More Than All Right,” Chanel proved that fashion and feminism can go hand in hand (Fashionista).
3. Forget about Paris, the real fashion happening this week was in Venice at the Clooney-Alamuddin nuptials. With a wedding wardrobe that consisted of Alexander McQueen, Giambattista Valli, Oscar De La Renta, and a Stella McCartney pantsuit that I still can’t stop lusting over, it’s safe to say that Amal has impeccable taste in fashion and men (Fashionista).
4. Jean Paul Gaultier put on his last ready-to-wear show and to say he went out with a bang is definitely an understatement. Amid gold spangles falling from the ceiling, the designer sent models down the runway in looks that resembled those of the famed fashion editors that supported him throughout his career. Among the lineup was a red-headed Grace Coddington look alike and a Carine Roitfeld smoky-eyed twin (Refinery 29).
5. Julia Restoin Roitfeld directed models Poppy Delevingne and Dylan Penn in her first short film created for Stuart Weitzman entitled “Rock Roll Ride.” The pair show off some killer knee-high boots all while wandering the countryside hopping on and off of motorcycles… #casual (Daily Mail).