1. The biggest news to come from the fashion industry this week — perhaps this year — is the naming of Carine Roitfeld as the global fashion director of Harper’s Bazaar. Score one for Hearst.
2. In other glossy mag publisher news, WWD reported on the layoffs of staffers at Conde Nast, its own parent company. Ouch.
3. The ladies of Chicago are prepping for the city’s annual fashion week, Fashion Focus Chicago, which kicks off on October 15.
4. Meanwhile, in Boston, the Herald reports an odd fashion trend: More men are apparently shopping the women’s section of their favorite stores. Now there’s an interesting holiday gift idea for your boyfriend.
5. In case you didn’t already have far too many technologies to keep up with, eBay launched a new, Pinterest-like redesign. Happy shopping!