He’s twice as nice this week! Will Wilson from The SixThirty is back for a second GuyTalk column this week, just in time for our Christmas countdown (one week tomorrow!) to really begin. He has all the must-buys for the men in your life.
It’s getting down to crunch time for the holidays and there’s still so many guys on the ‘nice’ list that need gifts. Well for those of you who need a little inspiration or insight into what to get your guy, here’s my selection of great gifts to help you Santas wrap up your shopping.
From top left
- MUGSY JEANS Finding the right pair of jeans is a difficult task for anyone, but especially for a dude who wants to look trim but not SLIM (as in boy band skinny jeans). These Chicago-brand bad boys are available at shops like Jax & Debb to “free your balls” with a tailored fit that won’t have your guy speaking falsetto.
- GIFT CARD TO SULLIVAN’S STEAKHOUSE My new favorite steakhouse. Nothing says, “I get you” like treating your guy to a glass of whiskey and a ribeye. And this place know how to do it right. Grab a pineapple martini for yourself as a reward for a job well done.
- HOME WET BAR HomeWetBar.com is a great place for everything from glassware to bar signs —nearly all fully customizable. There are also plenty of great gifts for under $20, like an engraved Beechwood bottle opener for the “hard-to-buy-for” guy on your list.
- PACIFIC SHAVING CO. CAFFEINATED SHAVING CREAM AND AFTERSHAVE At first it might sound like something you’d find on Skymall (RIP), but these are phenomenal additions to a man’s grooming game and boast a long list of credentials including a Forbes Top 10 Pick thanks to the results: supple and moisturized skin.
- The MACALLAN EDITION NO. 1 The finest articles in a gentleman’s arsenal aren’t found in his closet, but in his liquor cabinet. Scotch is the libation of choice for those with an eye for style and the Macallan Edition No. 1 is the first of a new limited edition series full of rich, spicy flavor.
- BIGGS BEARS CIGAR PACKAGE Every Chicagoan’s still got some love for Ditka, and two things da coach knows well are football and cigars. Lucky for da bears lover on your list, Biggs Cigar Emporium in the Gold Coast is offering a unique cigar package with “Chicago Reserve” cigars, Belicoso by Rock Patel, plus a flask and Zippo lighter.
- SPINSTER SISTERS BEARD BALM Spinster Sisters, Co., an all-natural lotion and soap company, makes a phenomenal Beard Balm made from Shea Butter, Beeswax and Vitamin E oils instead of putting the usual “witches brew” of chemicals on your guy’s face. The woodsy scent plus essential oils help protect beards against cold weather.
- JIM BEAM APPLE This has all the rich, mellow flavor of whiskey with just a slight tart sweetness of apple. Great on the rocks, or with a spritz of club soda, but my personal favorite festive way to enjoy it is with hot cider and cinnamon.