The September Issues (yes they deserve to be capitalized) are hitting the newsstands this week, and that means its time to start thinking about fall fashion. A huge trend for the season, and a staple in every girl’s wardrobe, is denim. So what will your jean drawer look like this fall?
We talked to Chicago jean expert, David Shelist from The Denim Lounge, for the skinny on denim for the cooler months. Here, he breaks down how to rock some of fall’s upcoming denim trends, gives us insight to new brands, and finally tell us a man’s opinion on jeggings.
WHAT IS THE BEST PART ABOUT THIS SEASON’S DENIM?
All the denim cuts. Some people are getting a little tired of their skinny jeans so there are lots of choices! Straights, boyfriends, boot and even flares are here to stay even in the fall!
WHAT ARE SOME TIPS TO ROCK THE WIDE LEG TREND?
Find a great tailor! That is most important. Don’t be afraid to try the flares as they make your legs look long and graceful, even if you are on the shorter side. Don’t worry…all you need is a great tailor (can’t say it enough).
AND HOW CAN WE UPDATE CURRENT TRENDS LIKE THE SKINNY?
Change up your shoes. Anything goes with skinnys. You can even roll them up for a different look. And again, there are no rules when it comes to shoes. However, it’s all about booties, booties and more booties for fall. They go with all styles.
WHAT ABOUT JEGGINGS? YES OR NO?
With jeggings, think yoga jeans! Every company now has a super soft, flexible jean that won’t bag out. Try them and you may never wear anything else. You can say goodbye to your Lululemons’s!
WHAT ARE WAYS TO MAKE THE SHAPE OF JEANS LAST?
Don’t wash your jeans. Well almost don’t wash your jeans. Wear them as long as possible before submitting to the washing machine and never use dyer sheets of fabric softener!
And while we’re on the subject, here are our top pick denim brands for fall:
- Henry & Belle is the only Chicago jean brand carried at the Denim Lounge and we love them too!
- The boutique also sells the Paige Verdugo Ankle aka the softest skinny jean you will ever encounter
- Beija-Flor Jeans use a patented skin firming technology, which relieves muscle fatigue after work outs and doesn’t stretch out (amen)
- Big Star Ella High Rise has just the right rise to keep everything in, and the wash looks equally great with riding boots or cool kicks – plus you can shop them here at an LTO discount
- A tried and true favorite are the GAP boyfriend jeans, which got an upgrade this year with their Girlfriend style that fits all body types a little more flatteringly