There are lots of benefits to shopping local during the holidays. For one, you’ll have a much better chance of scoring a gift that’s personal, unique, and different than if you shop a big box store. And, your purchases will support business owners in your backyard.
This year, it’s easier than ever to shop local during the holiday season if you live in the Boston area. Because American Express and The Marriott Long Wharf have teamed up with eight hand-picked business owners from around the city to present Shop Small Pop Up, part of Marriott Hotels’ Travel Brilliantly campaign. The event is turning the lobby of the hotel into a one-stop holiday shop through November 30, where you’ll find wares from the stores on display and available for purchase.
Here’s a sampling of some of our favorite gifts:
1. Gracie Finn — The South End gift shop is known for its creative cards and cheeky gifts, like the dishes below.
2. Flock Boston — Flock is a clothing boutique, but they carry a ton of cute accessories and artisan-made candles, making it the quintessential “for the girl who has everything” shop.
3. Rebekah Brooks– Don’t these have “perfect gift for mom” written all over them?
4. Sault New England — For the stylish guy on your list, look no further than Sault.
5. Lekker Home — The home decor store offers tons of unique hostess gifts (or pieces to spruce up your own holiday table!).
6. Lunarik Fashions — What we love most about the local line is that you won’t see your handbag on every other girl on Newbury Street!
7. Ward Maps — A great place to shop for dad (get him the map and mug below to spruce up his office).
8. Xylem — What better gift for your favorite hometown hero than a whisky tumbler engraved with a map of Boston?
*This post was sponsored by American Express. All opinions are our own.