A new month, a new season, and lots of adventures are coming our way. And so is Halloween! Which means…something wicked this way comes as well. But for now, I think we have put together a wicked good list of items you won’t want to miss this October. From local beauty products to pup-loving tanks to decor fit for the ghoulish, check out The Edit for this month…
(clockwise from top left)
- Palladio Matte Blush and Bronzer: We all went through a self tanner phase in high school, but hopefully since then we have found better ways to get that pretty glow without all the sun damage. Some use lotion, other use spray tans, but I try to get some sun when I can, and then let makeup do the rest! These new matte blushes and bronzers are full of aloe, chamomile and ginseng, which help them go on smooth but not cakey.
- Alba Botanica Body in the Buff Firming Scrub: This is literally everything we could want in a beauty product. Ground espresso beans gently remove impurities while caffeine and coffee seed oil firms, tightens and gently tones our skin texture. It’s like getting a warm cup of coffee…but for your face!
- Puppies and Yoga Tank: The goal of this company is to “Make America Happy Again,” and they’re going about it the right way: with puppies! These tanks are perfect for work outs, lounging around, and I am absolutely packing this one for my upcoming yoga retreat.
- Captain Blankenship Travel Mermaid Sea Salt Spray: Another item I’m packing for the retreat: sea salt spray. This little baby is travel sized, smells heavenly makes second (or even third) day hair look like new. I found it at Chicago’s Merz Apothecary and am never looking back.
- Naked Bee Body Wash: Another find from Merz that is now a staple in my makeup case. Plus for Chicagoans, the apothecary is now on Amazon Prime Now, the online company’s one-hour delivery service. You can literally order beauty products and other necessities and have them delivered in under two hours. Perfect for last-minute trips, emergency touch ups or makeup lovers who just need a fix.
- Dharma Co Buddha Sunglasses: After our recent Mexico trip, my love for sunglasses has only increased (if that’s possible). All the girls on the trip spent the weekend trading shades for the perfect photo, for a new photo angle, or just to match our bathing suit of the day. This brand was a crowd favorite because of their classic shape but fun details.
- Mr. & Mrs. Skelly Skulls: This month’s list, and calendar, ends with one of my favorite holidays – Halloween! I love these decorative skulls because they’re the perfect balance of creepy and artsy. They’re going to be watching over me from my bar cart all month long, counting down until Hallows Eve.