March brings the birth of spring, and that means fresh flavors, colors and fashion are all on the pretty pink horizon ahead. This month we will be doing lots of traveling, as well as styling some new looks you won’t want to miss. To get you set in the meantime, we have our favorite choices for the month…
clockwise from top left to center
- Laphroaig Select: Aside from the start of a new season, March also means it’s time for some St. Patrick’s Day celebrations! And it wouldn’t be St. Patrick’s Day without a little whiskey. While the Irish spell it with an “e,” I prefer Scottish whisky (no “e”) this month and always. Laphroaig has always been a favorite thanks to the smooth and smoky taste. If you don’t want to drink it straight, the brand also shared a warm weather cocktail recipe:
Pineapple of My Eye
By NYC mixologist Ivy Mix
1 1/2 parts Laphroaig® 10 Year Old
1/2 part Pineapple Rum
3/4 part Lime Juice
3/4 part Simple Syrup
A bar spoon Pomegranate Molasses
Method: Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Shake and strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice. Garnish with a lime wheel.
- Jade J Powerboost: For lingering spring afternoons on the patio, or long days of traveling in my case, the chances your phone ends up dying go up with every Instagram scroll or Boomerang video. This sleek charger gives an extra boost to your phone, plus it’s pretty in pink and thin enough to fit in a clutch.
- Porter magazine: I can not recommend this magazine highly enough. It’s worth every penny of the $10 price tag thanks to stunning photography, unique interview subjects and lists of seriously dreamy spas, hotels, and excursions. If you’re a fashion junkie or want to plan your next dream vacation, subscribe ASAP.
- Fifty Shades Darker wine pack: If you missed the movie, don’t worry (I did too), you can still drink the wine! This pack is perfect for in-between weather because it includes both red and white varietals so as the days get lighter, so can your wine! The Red Satin is a red blend of Petite Sirah and Syrah with
flavors of black cherry, cocoa, plus creamy caramel and vanilla. The white, on the other hand, is a blend of Gewürztraminer and Sauvignon Blanc with flavors like grapefruit, pear and even honey.
- Panty Drop box: I have tried my fair share of subscription boxes, and this one was perfect on the first try! They have honed in on underwear in a wide range of styles, colors and sexiness levels. You will fill out a comprehensive quiz before getting your first box, and if you’re anything like me, you’ll see your answers put to good work with fun new pairs to add to your underwear drawer.
- Nespresso VertuoLine: Now that our favorite fast espresso brand has introduced a line of K-cups that is a combination of coffee and espresso, I am fully hooked. You can get it in decaffeinated if you want (but why?!), and there are also a range of flavors including caramel and hazelnut that are perfect for a lazy Sunday morning when Daylight Savings Time kicks in on March 12th.