New year, new you, new list of favorite things. It’s the start of 2017, and we are ready for a clean slate to restart our to do lists, work out goals, and beauty routines. Luckily for all of you dear readers, we have our list of must-have items for the month. Kick off your year with a fashionable bang and make way for your best self yet…
- Merrell 1SIX8 Lace shoes: A really common goal at the start of any new year is to get in better shape. This is often a lot easier and more fun than it sounds, but I am giving it a try once again! I have been taking barre classes at Chicago’s exhale spa and #love these shoes to take me to, from and all around the gym. They’re comfortable, and look just as cute with my yoga pants as they do with jeans and a graphic tee.
- Skinny Tan 7-Day Tanner: Speaking of looking and feeling good, this tanning lotion has the best scent of any I have ever used. Though it doesn’t specifically state it on the bottle, I do recommend using a glove when you apply, but the color goes on so smoothly and without lines. It builds really naturally overtime, and is the perfect beauty tool to give you a beachy glow in the cold winter months.
- Recently Photo App: One of my personal New Year’s Resolutions is to take a picture every day of this year, as a photo challenge to myself and also as a way to remember 2017. This app lets you pull photos directly from your phone and then creates personalized, beautiful photo books. It’s going to be a great way to document my progress throughout the year!
- TheraBand Non-Latex CLX: It’s been freezing (of course) in Chicago, and it’s never harder to get to the gym than on cold days. So, I have been working out (while watching Criminal Minds) with this band, because it has loops throughout, which gives both an upper and lower body workout. Plus, it also comes with an app that has 40 exercises plus 7-minute workout videos so it’s almost impossible to not work out.
Savannah Bee’s Bees Cream Hand Wax: Winter means your skin will be much dryer than usual. This brand uses ingredients like with softening pecan oils plus anti-oxidizing blueberry extract to keep your skin smooth and fresh. I also love the Body Butters (which smells as wonderful as they sound)
- Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld: A new season of “The Bachelor” has begun, and, let’s be real everyone’s mind is always on the love game anyway. On those lazy Sundays when you’re getting prepped for your next dose of Nick, cuddle down with this fun but timely retelling of Pride & Prejudice. It’s my book club book of the month, and I highly recommend it.