April showers bring…lots of shopping! On this usually rainy month, we always end up hunkering down and doing quite a bit of at-home entertaining, beautifying, and (of course) online shopping. So, before we start heading outside and into the sun of the oncoming summer days, we have the best shopping and dining options for our Chicago girls and beyond. Happy April everyone!
- Christie Brinkley Authentic Skincare: If a super model puts her name to a product, you can bet we are going to at least try it out. Christie Brinkley is a classic beauty and all the products in her line as simple but effective. Her Complete Clarity Daily Facial Exfoliating Polish (my personal favorite) and Recapture Day + IR Defense Anti-Aging Treatment are both available online and at Kohl’s, which makes them super easy to pick up and get your skin summer-ready. They’re also both 100% vegan, and very soft on your skin!
- ic! berlin sunglasses: Coming all the way from Germany, these sunglasses are sure to be an American staple soon, thanks to their wide variety of styles for all types of personalities, occasions and activities. When we began preparing for an upcoming editorial trip to Miami, the hunt for the great new pair of sunglasses was on. ic! will be at the top of our poolside packing list for sure!
- Meiomi Pinot Noir: Before we launch fully into rose season and sip on our white wines, we are making the most of this Pinot Noir with our first barbecues of the year. It has flavors of fruit, mocha, and even vanilla, and pairs well with thin-crusted pizzas or tomato-based pasta dishes (two of our favorite meals!)
- SinglesSwag Subscription Box: There ain’t nothing bad about being single ladies! Cuffing season is officially over, so it’s time to mingle your way into the warmer weather months. Before that, ship yourself a SinglesSwag Box to take care of your own dang self. Each box is different, but usually will include fun beauty items, girl power products like words of wisdom from Chelsea Handler, and everything that really any girl would want. Treat yourself for April!
- SlimSation Jeans: A girl’s best friend is a great pair of jeans (sorry diamonds). There’s just no two ways about it. No matter how much we love leggings, you will always need some great denim in your life. These jeans are made with a seriously resilient fabric with great stretch and wash/wear, that hug in all the right places. We love how they aren’t too tight at the ankle as well, because this makes them ideal for cuffing to show off your new spring shoes. Plus, they max out at $79 a pair!
- BomboBar Gelato Cookie Sandwich: We had to give a little taste of summer to round out the list! Fabio Viviani is giving the ice cream man a run for his money with this decadent dessert from the walk-up window in the West Loop. You can pick-them up late night if you want, but they’re also perfect for a lazy weekend afternoon of exploring the Windy City.