Oscar Night is like my Super Bowl. I wait for it all year, and I think it should be celebrated accordingly. This year, however, I’ll be coming back from a wedding in Jamaica on Oscars Sunday (if there’s anything that’s going to cut into my red carpet viewing ritual, I’m OK with it being this), so I’m going to have to keep my festivities simple.
I’ve seen this idea for “dressed-up” strawberries on Pinterest a bunch of times, so I gave it a try this weekend to see if it would be easy enough to recreate after a Sunday of traveling. And I was happy to find out that it was. I think these guys will indefinitely become a part of my Oscar Night tradition. Scroll down for the super-simple directions, plus an idea for an equally festive cocktail.
What you’ll need:
White chocolate chips
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Wash strawberries and dry thoroughly.
2. Melt white chocolate (follow melting directions on package), and stir until smooth.
4. Dip strawberries into chocolate, tilting upwards briefly after dipping to seal. Lay on wax paper to harden (pop ’em in the fridge to speed the process).
5. Melt chocolate chips according to package directions and stir until smooth.
6. Dip white-chocolate-covered strawberries into chocolate at a 45 degree angle on each side to form a “tuxedo.”
7. Lay on wax paper to dry.
8. While strawberries are drying, dip the end of a toothpick into the chocolate, and make “button” dots in the center of each.
Done and done. Easy right?
To make this dessert even more festive, I love the idea of pairing it with a dressed-up cocktail. The below recipe (also simple!) for a “Glamour Shot” includes glasses rimmed with gold leaf. How cute would a try of gold-rimmed shot glasses look next to a tray of the strawberries?
Add some fabulous to your evening with this decadent blend of Baileys Vanilla Cinnamon and pure gold leaf.
What you’ll need:
1 oz. Baileys® Vanilla Cinnamon
0.5 oz. Goldschlager® Cinnamon Schnapps
Edible gold flakes (Optional – found at most craft stores)
1. Rim shot glass with gold flakes. (To do this, pour a bit of Bailey’s on a small plate or in the bottom of a small bowl. Dip the rim of the shot glass into the Bailey’s, and then into the gold flakes).
2. Mix ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a shot glass.
Legal: This recipe contains no more than 0.6 fl oz. of alcohol per serving.
Baileys Irish Cream. Stay Stylish. Drink Responsibly.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Diageo via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Diageo. Diageo reserved the right to repost assets, quotes, and blog posts via their owned digital properties noting the author.