Good news: It’s Friday! To help your workday go by just a little bit faster, here’s your fashion news catchup for everything that you may have missed…
1. We love a good designer collaboration, and this week’s news is that British shoe maven Sophia Webster is partnering with J. Crew for a new Spring collection. The new styles launched on Monday, and if you haven’t already checked it out, you don’t wanna miss out (p.s. I’m totally calling the Lola heel for my next date night) (Olivia Palermo).
2. When two of our favorite celeb couples, Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis, and Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman, welcomed new babies this week, we couldn’t help but imagine just how adorable their play-dates would be (can someone please make this happen asap) (Huffington Post and Vogue UK).
3. Mark your calendars and cancel all of your Cinco de Mayo plans, because the Metropolitan Museum of Art is opening its Anna Wintour Costume Center by having First Lady, Michelle Obama, cut the ribbon at the opening ceremony. We love a good First Lady sighting and no doubt everyone’s main question is: which designer is she going to wear? (Elle)
4. Major fashion news for Boston: European retailer Primark just announced plans to open their first store in Boston next year at the former home of Filene’s Basement in Downtown Crossing. With similar brands like Zara, Topshop, and H&M, this news already has us counting down until opening day (Fashionista).
5. With all of our wedding talk this month, it’s only fitting that NYC Bridal Week finished out the month. With seasoned favorites like Vera Wang and Monique Lhuillier all making appearances, brides everywhere were taking notes (E! News).
6. The famous People Magazine’s “Most Beautiful” issue is out and Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o is gracing the cover (People).
7. As if Gisele didn’t already amaze us enough, her new ad campaign for H&M has her showing off her singing skills too. Be sure to check it out, but don’t say we didn’t warn you–it may cause some serious bikini envy (Vogue UK).
Cover Image via