We couldn’t help ourselves with this photo.
It’s Boston Fashion Week! At least for another 24 hours-ish.
So. Many. Things. happened this week that it was hard for us to keep up with them all. Maybe you missed a few too? Here’s a rundown of some of the BFW news from the last seven days, plus a few other fun (yay!), shocking (gasp!) or otherwise noteworthy things that happened this week.
1. If celebrity presence is any indication, then BFW is starting to gain some traction. A few of the people spotted by the Boston Globe? Designer Isabel Toledo and her artist husband Ruben,
2. Miss United States walked the runway.
3. Designers got creative with their presentations: Womenswear designer Gregory Paul showed his collection over an afternoon tea at the Langham Hotel.
5. The week isn’t over yet! Tomorrow, you can shop wares from local indie fashion and accessories designers at The Fashion Bazaar, a pop up taking place at the co-working space Oficio.
Elsewhere in the world…
6. For the second year in a row, a fashion show in South Sudan gives the country a chance to come together.
7. After 16 years, Marc Jacobs announced he was stepping down as the designer of Louis Vuitton in order to focus on his own brand.
8. For the most part, that sounds like it will be a good thing for LVMH, the parent company of both Vuitton and MJ.
9. Is it possible to be jealous of an infant? Yes. Yes it is. North West has dresses from Lanvin, Alexander McQueen, Margiela and Celine. See? Totally possible.
What’d we miss? Leave a comment and let me know!