Fashion week started yesterday, and in honor of that, here are some of the biggest NYFW related stories, gossip and news from the week.
1. As much as people love fashion week, they also really hate it. And the New York Times says this may signal trouble for the shows down the line.
2. In “what took you so long” news, this fashion week marks the first time a first plus-sized designer will show a collection.
3. It’s only been one day, but there have already been dozens of celeb sightings at Lincoln Center. Here’s a peek at who was there Day 1.
4. People’s Revolution pulls out of a client’s show because they weren’t paid (according to an email they sent to invitees). Moral of the story: Don’t mess with Kelly Cutrone (in case you didn’t learn that on The Hills).
5. Just because you’re not invited to the shows, doesn’t mean you can’t keep up with the fashion week action as its happening. Tech Crunch put together a list of places to watch shows and get behind-the-scenes info online.
6. The mood for spring: simplicity, according to trend forecasting service The Doneger Group.
7. There was no Fashion’s Night Out for the first time since 2009. The jury is out about whether or not it will be missed.
8. More PR drama: a rep for Leila Rose accidentally sent out a list of all the celebrities who turned down invites to the designer’s show.
Photo by Lux & Concord