There was no shortage of fashion craziness this week from Cara Delevingne lifting weight in Chanel to models with snakes used as accessories at Swim Week (because that’s causal right?)
Check out our six favorite stories, and be sure to bust out tissues for the last one, because another celeb bachelor is no longer on the market (and so soon after the Ryan Gosling baby announcement, how much more can we take)!
1. Luxury brands have been no stranger to creative director shakeups this summer, and Hermès is just the latest in the news after it was announced that Nadège Vanhee-Cybulski will replace Christophe Lemaire as the women’s ready-to-wear artistic director. With her previous stints at Cèline, Margiela, and the Row, we can’t wait to see what she’s got up her sleeve for 2015 (The Business of Fashion).
2. Cara Delevingne and Binx Walton redefined workout chic in a behind the scenes video for Chanel’s Coach Coco campaign. As off-duty athletes they lifted weights and even did a few planks in full on Chanel regalia. It’s totally normal to workout in Chanel…right? (English Vogue)
3. If you follow any models on Instagram, you surely couldn’t help but notice the craziness going on in Miami at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Swim Week. With everything from bold prints at Mara Hoffman to the helmut and combat boot trend at the Minimale Animale show, there was always something to ooh and ahh over (and don’t even get us started at the Britney Spears-esque snakes that decorated the shoulders of the models as they strutted down the runway at the We Are Handsome show) (Haute Living).
4. How much would you pay for two front-row seats to the Fendi, Prada, Armani, or Miu Miu shows at Fashion Week? The Watermill Center Summer Auction set up a bidding for two tickets to each show with a buy it now price of only $95,000. Think there’s any way I can get someone to swing it as an early birthday present to me, after all my birthday conveniently falls on the start of NYFW and if that’s not fate, I don’t know what is (Racked).
5. Allure magazine has definitely gotten in some hot water with Lauren Conrad after categorizing her style as basic and “remarkably unremarkable”….ouch (Racked).
6. Marchesa, Victoria’s Secret models, and mojitos….sounds like the perfect recipe for a killer party….or Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo’s secret wedding in Mexico. Not only did she marry my dream man, but also in my dream dress (a spaghetti strap Marchesa gown with silk tulle running from the knee to floor). Bring on the Ben and Jerry’s, I’ll be in mourning for the next couple of days…(Fashionista).