TGIF! Is it me or was this week extra long? Thank god it’s Friday and it’s time to get some serious beach relaxation in.
To help your day go by just a little quicker, check out my favorite news stories from this week:
1. Ever wonder what a Spice Girl wears on her first date? Victoria Beckham changed the first date outfit game by tweeting this picture of the dress she wore on her date with hubby David Beckham–we can only judge her a little for the bright orange suede number, but hey it was the 90’s (Refinery 29).
3. If you’re Rebecca Minkoff your baby shower has to be nothing short of amazing, and with her lavender and grey theme and Pinterest-esque photos, you better believe women everywhere will be copying her style (InStyle).
4. Massachusetts Madewell fans can rejoice at the brand’s newest announcement of two new store openings: one in Dedham’s Legacy Place and the other in Hingham’s Derby Street Shoppes–just in time for all your summer shopping splurges (Racked).
5. Suki Waterhouse is giving Gisele some serious competition, at 22 she’s already conquered modeling, acting, and not to mention Bradley Cooper’s heart (swoon). Now she can add fashion designer to her resume with her newest collaboration with Italian shoe brand Superga. Check out a few of the items in the collection (Daily Mail).
7. Kim Jones of Louis Vuitton took an American road trip from New Orleans to Las Vegas to get inspiration for his spring-summer collection. Now that’s one road trip we would kill to be part of (The Wall Street Journal).
8. This week Theory announced that their artistic director, Olivier Theyskens, is leaving his position to pursue other opportunities. What does this mean for the brand? Guess we’ll have to wait and see… (NY Times).