(Amazing and adorable) Photos courtesy of Oh Happy Day
1. Apple hires Angela Ahrendts, an executive at Burberry, to run its retail operations. Ahrendts will start her new job next spring. Go, girl.
2. Melissa McCarthy’s cover of Elle is sparking some controversy among people who feel she’s too covered up. McCarthy is one of three women featured on Elle‘s current “Women in Hollywood issues,” the other two being Reese Witherspoon and Shailene Woodley. We can certainly see the source of the speculation, given that McCarthy is wearing a massive wool coat on her cover, while Witherspoon dons a bodycon dress and Woodley poses in a bathing suit. What do you think? Is Elle glorifying a stick-thin Hollywood, or is everyone overreacting?
3. Our Boston, an anthology the LA Times calls, “a collective love letter to the city,” was released this week. Five dollars from every sale of the book will go to The One Fund. It’s great to see the Boston community continuing to find creative and inspiring ways to support the marathon bombing victims, don’t you think?
4. Fashion Focus Chicago, the city’s version of fashion week, kicked off on Tuesday, and things are a bit different this year.
5. The shot seen ’round the world. Kim K instagrams a whole lotta booty. (Warning: you can’t unsee this).
7. Hallie Wilson of Corals and Cognacs shows us that style bloggers aren’t perfect, either. And it makes us feel a little better about ourselves. Thanks Hallie! (And by the way, your outfits still look fab in your outtakes!)
What else is new?