February, despite being the shortest month, always seems to drag on. The winter is in full swing, the days are still dark, and it seems like that spring vacation you have planned will never come. This can make the days stressful or tiring, but it also makes it the perfect time of year for a spa day. We have George the Salon’s leading Massage Therapist, Maggie Klasa, breaking down what spa treatments and trends we should be trying…
This Chicago hot spot was recently listed on Allure Magazine’s Top Salons in the country, so in addition to Klasa’s magic, you can also leave with a great cut and color (we love Nicole!). But before a new lob or highlights, it’s time for a massage.
Top trends for this year to keep an eye out are…
AN OVERALL APPROACH TO WELLNESS
Klasa explains that (if you don’t come to visit her) it is now time to take health into your own hands with at home services. These allow you to create your own spa right at home.
Go for dimmed lights, a candle, and the warmth of a hot bath with Epsom Salt to help reduce aches of a stressful week is a start. Adding a few drops of aromatherapy oils will enhance your experience. Exfoliating the dead skin cells, especially during a cold season is a must.
Follow with a natural homemade organic coconut oil and essential oils to moisturize. You may maximize the spa experience at the privacy of your own home by scheduling a massage therapist to come to your house. We recommend Soothe Massage Therapy, which you can book via an app on your phone!
A lot of spas don’t even offer a deep tissue or a Swedish massage anymore thanks to this trend. Klasa promises being able to trust your massage therapist to do what they think is best for you at the moment is very refreshing! Plus, customized massages may also have a list of enhancements to add on like:
- Exfoliation: Removal of tired, dead skin cells to speed up the skin renewal process
- Paraffin: For feet or hands to moisturize and help reduce the dryness.
- Scalp treatment: To lower the stress level; it allows your organs to function more efficiently thus boosting a hair follicle’s ability to grow hair faster
- Reflexology: Of the feet will stimulate nerve function, increase energy, and boost circulation to name a few
Diffusing, drinking, smelling or rubbing these oils onto your feet, temples and everywhere else can have all kinds of benefits. You may now customize any massage experience by utilizing the different scents of essential oils. Whether it is lavender to help you relax and unwind or wintergreen to help stiff muscles or citrus to energize and uplift.
This is the specialty of Klasa, so if you’re in Chicago and looking to try this new type of massage, be sure to look her up. This is what you can expect from George the Salon’s specialist:
- To begin, a fresh infused essential oil and lime blossom body scrub is applied to exfoliate tired, dead skin
- Soft, hot towels and compressions are applied.
- “This is step is done to dilate the blood vessels and help with absorption of the essential oil application during the massage that comes next. And it will be heaven,” explains Klasa.
- The full body massage then starts and is customized to each client’s individual needs. Whether it’s for pain and tension relief, rejuvenation or relaxation purposes, the massage’s health benefits target a wide variety of concerns and can:
- reduce stress and fatigue
- relax and unwind sore muscles and the mind
- increase circulation
- normalize blood pressure
- boost immune function
- foster sound sleep
- Massage work continues with a citrus fresh essential oil blend of orange, tangerine, mandarin, grapefruit, lemon, and spearmint.
- “It is a relaxing, calming blend that’s rich in powerful antioxidant d-limonene. It supports the immune system and overall health while bringing about a sense of well- being, creativity, and feelings of joy,” says Klasa.
- Finally, the luxurious crushed pearl body cream is applied to the back, hands and feet. A beauty regimen worthy of the rich and famous, this moisturizer can only be described as a positively decadent way to replenish deep hydration all over your body. Formulated with nourishing oils and crushed freshwater pearls, this luscious moisturizer harnesses the power of real orchids. It’s all you need for silky soft, beautifully smooth skin.
From simple, at-home spa days to the ultimate in luxury massages with pearl cream, 2016 is going to be one beautiful and relaxing year.