Boston Fashion Week is officially starting this Friday, so we put together a list of some must-see events that you don’t want to miss. Mark your calendars and get ready for all of Boston’s finest fashionistas to take the city by storm!
1. Style Anonymous, hosted by Tosser Magazine, is having a kick off party at Gem Restaurant and Lounge on September 26 from 7-10 pm. You’ll get to meet some great Boston bloggers and many of the designers that will be showing during fashion week. Dinner, treats, and gifts from Lola’s Vintage Fashion Truck are just some of the cool incentives that’ll make you not want to miss this.
2. Ted Baker presents Fashionably Late, a show of their women and men’s collection at the Liberty Hotel, on September 26 at 9pm. How much chicer can a Thursday night get! For table information and to RSVP, email email@example.com.
3. Check out Le Défilé – A French Fashion Show at the French Cultural Center on September 27 from 6-8 pm. This show will present the work of student designers from Boston fashion programs who have been inspired by historical and contemporary French fashion designers. Très chic!
4. 19th Amendment is kicking off Fashion Week with their event on September 28 from 5-8 pm. The event will include pop up fashion shows on Newbury St, the Shops at Prudential, and Faneuil Hall. They are finishing off the night with a launch party and fashion show at the Liberty Hotel. More details here!
5. On September 28 from 7-9 pm, Hype Fashions put together a fashion exhibition at Gem Boston featuring designer brands Meghan Doyle and Textures Fashion. This will be a live model/statue installation. RSVP here.
6. Shop, Mix, and Donate is a trunk show and fashion expo at Estate Boston on September 29 from 12-5 pm. Shop from 20 different vendors, enjoy runway shows, and a performance by Shea Rose. Looks like we know what we’re doing this Sunday!
7. Skiler Love is debuting their jewelry collection on September 29 from 7-9pm. This show will also feature designs by Bow & Drape and live music by indie pop performers, Mission Zero. Sounds like a show we don’t want to miss!
8. Designer Candice Wu is collaborating with House of Cach Jewelry for an “over-the-top contemporary collection inspired by the insect form.” The event is September 30 from 7-9 pm with the reception starting at 8pm at the W hotel, followed by the installation at 9pm. A collection inspired by the insect form…call us intrigued, we’ll definitely be checking this one out.
9. Julep Bar is hosting a fashion week style-swap on October 2 at 5:30 pm. Call your girlfriends, clean out your closet, and bring in some of your gently used clothing and swap it with others for new clothing! As if getting a new wardrobe for free isn’t enough, all of the left over items will be donated to Project Hope. Turns out shopping can be good for the soul!
10. First Fridays always bring us to our artistic roots when they show off some of Bostons finest artists. But on October 4, they’ll go Fashion Forward at the Institute of Contemporary Art when they celebrate some of Boston’s most visionary boutiques, stylists, and designers.
11. Synergy Events is hosting their annual “Emerging Trends Runway Show” on October 5. Who wouldn’t want to catch a glimpse of Boston’s newest designers before they get big! To get tickets or for more info on the designers check it out.
Hope to see you out and about this week!