Yesterday, I shared some of my décor picks for couples moving in together: stuff that wasn’t too girly or too masculine, that will get your cohabitating off to a fight-free, see-how-well-we-work-together start.
Today, however, is going to be all about roommates. In my opinion, if you’re living with a roommate, your bedroom is the most important room in the house. It’s your sanctuary…the one place where you don’t have to share your space or your stuff, and where you can get away from your roommate when she drives you nuts (because, let’s be serious, it’s only a matter of time!). So, it should be fabulous and soothing.
My idea of the perfect relaxing bedroom is one with cool, pale colors and glam accents, like the ones pictured above.
From top left:
1. A great rug will anchor your room and create a cozy vibe. This one, by Dash and Albert, is from Wayfair.
2. I always go for white duvets, since they’re versatile and can be bleached. Pottery Barn’s ruched voile version is shabby-chic perfection.
3. Contemporary, geometric pillows contrast the girly vibe of the rest of the pieces. Both are from Joss & Main (the sale ends tomorrow, but I’ve noticed Joss & Main items seem to come up repeatedly in their sales.)
4. Candles are a bedroom necessity. I love the scents from Seda France, which can be found at Hudson in the South End (possibly my favorite store of all time).
5. Mirrored accents, like this nightstand from Target, add glam, always.
6. Headboards are the fasted way to make a bedroom look “finished.” This one is from Wayfair.
7. This shell mirror is a total splurge, but I LOVE it. It’s also from Hudson.
8. This nickel lamp is nightstand necessity, and another Target find. To create symmetry, put a lamp and nightstand on each side of your bed.
Missed part 1? Check it out, here.