This is why we can’t have nice things! When you finally move into your own place, you stop having to worry about who is going to take the couch when you move out, or your roommate running off with your favorite coffee mug/desk lamp/throw pillow.
Basically, you can actually give a sh*t about the stuff you have in your house. So, for the final installment of apartment inspiration this week, I’ve picked some of my favorite investment pieces (and by investment I mean, “not from Ikea”) for when you’re on your own.
1. I love the modern simplicity of this wall clock from Wayfair.
2. Etsy is a treasure trove of midcentury modern coffee tables like this one. (I love this style because it’s versatile and will work with a lot of decor styles).
3. Lamps Plus is an awesome resource for, you guessed it, lamps. You can order this shade in 16 different colors.
4. Everyone should own a white sofa in their child-free years. I love this apartment-sized sofa from Crate & Barrel.
5. This organic wood-framed root mirror is another Crate & Barrel find.
6. A cowhide rug will never go out of style. I also love the way a cowhide looks when layered over a sisal rug.
7. Start your coffee table book collection off right with these Chanel books. Available on Amazon.