As much as I love Boston as a city, one of the reasons I like living in this area is its proximity to so many other things. You can go skiing in Vermont, apple picking at a farm, take a trip to New York City, or spend the day at literally hundreds of beaches, all withing a few hours’ drive. This summer, I have barely spent a weekend in the city, because I’ve been out exploring the beautiful beaches around here — whether it’s the M Street Beach smack in the middle of Boston, or something a little farther, up in Maine or down in Rhode Island.
This weekend, since I’m moving and all (gah!), I’m planning to hit up Nantasket Beach in Hull, MA. It’s close to my new house, and I’m obsessed with it because it kind of feels like a mini Jersey Shore (there’s cute beach bars, an arcade, a few good restaurants, lots of ice cream shops, and you can rent paddle boards). I’m setting aside my beach gear in my trusty L.L. Bean tote, and keeping it in my car so I can find it among all the boxes where my life is now stored. Here’s what I’m stashing inside:
1. Tote, LL Bean (the best beach tote — and life tote — ever made)
2. Hat, ModCloth (extra protection from the sun in case I miss a spot with the sunscreen)
3. Melissa Odabash Cover Up (Perfect for throwing on to get a midday cocktail at a beach bar).
4. Kiehl’s Super Fluid UV Defense (an awesome body suncreen)
5. Ray Ban sunglasses (an updated Wayfarer)
6. Mara Hoffman bikini (obsessed with her prints)
7. Chanel CC cream with SPF (the only sunscreen that doesn’t make me breakout)
8. Maslin Jaguar towel (it comes with a holder, love!)
9. Asos flat sandals (won’t get sand stuck in them).
10. Think Thin bars (gluten free and dairy free, so no bloating).
11. Bottled Starbucks® Iced Coffee (you can get it at the gas station right down the street from the beach).
12. Parasol Italian beach umbrella (because I don’t want chicken skin)
Brand Statement: Bottled Starbucks Iced Coffee beverages are the perfect blend of premium Starbucks coffee and 2 percent milk. Available in four delicious offerings: Coffee + Milk, Low Calorie Coffee + Milk, Vanilla, and Caramel, Starbucks Iced Coffee ready-to-drink beverages are the perfect on-the-go refreshment to get you through the daily commute, big projects such as spring cleaning, or an exciting road trip with friends. Look for it at major grocery and convenience stores, available nationwide.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Starbucks Coffee Company via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Starbucks Coffee Company.