Now that spring is fast approaching, we’re getting ready to ditch our go-to wool scarves for their spring alternative, a colorful silk scarf. A classic silk scarf can polish up a look and up your outfit’s chic factor. Last fall designers adopted this 70’s trend for a more sophisticated look, and bloggers and style experts alike were quick to incorporate this accessory into their everyday wardrobes. Whether it was a new way to tie it or a new way to wear it altogether, 18 fashionistas show us how they wear their silk scarves.
1. Instead of a bandana—To copy this look, fold your scarf into a triangle and then roll the material all the way to the ends. Wrap it around your neck once and then loop the ends through at the front of your neck.
2. Tied at the neck—This vintage scarf makes her casual outfit pop
3. As a headscarf—This floral headscarf perfectly complements this fashionistas purple streaked hair and houndstooth jacket
4. Wrapped—Dress up your work blazer by pairing it with a neutral scarf
5. Wear it loose—If you’re opting for a longer scarf, drape it around your neck to top off your look
6. Tie it in a bow—Leandra Medine brings back the bow with her colorful scarf
7. As it should be—Just because it’s spring doesn’t mean the weather will always cooperate, so add a printed scarf for a bit of extra warmth and chicness
8. Add a little color— This bold square scarf really makes the outfit
9. Channel the 2000’s— Remember when it was all the rage to pair a skinny scarf with your tank top back in the days of TRL and boy bands? Well, this is the new and improved version of that.
10. Wear it as a belt— Shimmy your scarf through your belt loops for a pop of color for your boyfriend jeans
11. Match it to your top—Reuse the tie for your silk wrap blouse as a scarf
12. Triangle your scarf—Try a classic classic cowboy tie like Elin Kling did below
13. Wear it like a shawl—Casually throw your favorite colorful scarf over your shoulders for a playful look
14. Accessorize your purse—Tie your favorite silk scarf onto your purse to accent a monochrome outfit
15. Mix and march patterns—Shea Marie accented her pinstripe jumpsuit with a bold scarf. To achieve the look, simply knot your scarf once and twist it to the side.
16. Wear it as a bracelet—Silk scarves are quickly replacing bangles as the new arm accessory of choice
17. Keep it small—A smaller scarf will give you just enough material to tie off the ends at the side of your neck