Do you have a wedding coming up? Whether you’re standing up next to one of your life-long best gals or walking down the aisle yourself, you will want to look your absolute best on the big day. Once the dresses and accessories are selected, the final step is choosing the right hairstyle to tie together your look. But do you go sleek and chic or soft and romantic? We’ve compiled some of our favorite wedding hair ideas to help make your decision easier.
You simply can’t go wrong with beautiful side-swept waves. These large, tousled curls add volume and make for an effortlessly sexy look.
2. This low-bun is the perfect look for short hair. Loose curls teased at the crown give the illusion of thick, voluminous locks, while long bangs frame the face and will draw attention to your gorgeous wedding makeup.
3. If you’re rocking a short cut this summer, we love this boho-inspired look. Textured beachy waves combined with loose braids are the perfect mix of trendy, flirty, and fun.
4. Choosing to go with a half-up style is perfect for those who worry about their hair lasting throughout the entire night. This look gives the same effect of soft, beautiful curls, yet the teased top-half of the hair provides enough structure and hold to withstand many hours of dancing fun.
5. This elegant up-do is soft, glamorous, and timeless. It is a great alternative for those with short or thin hair, because a voluminous side-part creates the illusion of thick, full locks.
6. A sleek bun is the perfect style to accentuate your gorgeous wedding jewelry, or the ornate detailing on the back of your dress. The middle part also adds a modern twist to this classic look. Leave some delicate wisps around your face for added softness and elegance.
7. Who said ponytails weren’t suited for weddings? This chic look is perfect for combatting humid days where your hair is likely to fall flat or loose its shape. Pump up the volume at the roots and dress up your ponytail with some textured curls or waves.
8. You can never go wrong with old Hollywood waves, and a dramatic side part is flattering for all face-shapes.
9. We love this trendy take on a classic low-bun, perfect for the fashion-forward gal who still wants to look timeless on her big day.
10. Pulling the front pieces of your hair back into a twist is a softer alternative to a half –up style. This retro look draws attention to your facial features, and is a great style for adding hair accessories such as veils, headbands, and jewelry.
11. It doesn’t get any more elegant than a French twist, and the good news is – its easy to create!
12. Channel your inner Audrey with this sophisticated high-bun. Nothing says “understated elegance” better than a sleek, polished up-do paired with statement jewelry.
13. Adding a fun hair accessory such as a brooch is a quick way to tie together a last minute wedding look, and still look elegant and polished. Add volume both at the crown and in the back in order for the brooch to attach easily.
14. If you’re a bride looking for a bohemian flair, using fresh flowers as hair accessories will add softness and romance to your look. We especially love fresh flowers paired with textured waves.
15. Gathering your fun, textured waves into a low-bun makes for an effortlessly chic statement that will compliment almost any hair length. We recommend using this five-minute look to revamp any flat or fallen hairstyles just before the wedding reception. The more tousled, the better!