Ever since moving into my first apartment in college, I’ve always taken the hands off approach to cooking (aka I survive on prepared meals at Whole Foods and the occasional bowl of cereal to round out my diet). But since July is dedicated to anything and everything involving eating and drinking here at L&C, I had to embrace my inner Betty Crocker in some way. My first stop, of course, was social media to find the best food bloggers around. Here are 15 of my favorite food bloggers whose recipes might just make you hangry enough to tie on an apron.
(And be sure to follow them all on Instagram too, because let’s be serious: there are certain things you should always have on your feed, and food porn is always one of them).
1. @girleatworld // girleatworld.net
Melissa started the account on a solo backpacking trip to Europe and instead of taking selfies she took pictures of her food. Her blog is part travel diary, part food heaven and totally worth the follow.
2. @nutritionstripped // nutritionstripped.com
Everyone needs a little health kick, so why not get it from your instagram feed.
3. @thenewpotato // thenewpotato.com
Think of them as the Coveteur’s food baby.
4. @honestlyyum // honestlyyum.com
A product of Honestly WTF, their tagline is “a destination for food, cocktails, entertaining, and all things YUM.”
5. @iamafoodblog // iamafoodblog.com
Not only are blogger Stephanie Le’s recipes to die for, you better believe her insta photography is just as on point as her recipes.
6. @loveandlemons // loveandlemons.com
Austin, TX duo Jeanine & Jack join together to blog and instagram mostly vegetarian and 100% delicious recipes.
7. @sarah_kieffer // thevanillabeanblog.com
Baker and mom Sarah Kieffer makes baking look easy (and delicious).
8. @princesstofu // princesstofu.com
Vegetarians rejoice, here’s one instagram account that can act as your online cookbook.
9. @taraobrady // sevenspoons.net
If only baking a cake was as easy as the pictures make it look…
10. @kimberleyhasselbrink // theyearinfood.com
As if the peach crisp picture didn’t entice you enough, a year in food also has no shortage of yummy and healthy recipes (not to mention mouth-watering photos).
11. @thebrokenbread // the-broken-bread.com
Kristan Raine brings a whole new meaning to the term food-stylist.
12. @nycfoodgals // nycfoodgals.com
4 roommates exploring NYC and everything it has to offer their palates.
13. @eyeswoon // eye-swoon.com
One look at Athena Calderone’s blog and you’ll not only swoon over her impeccable decor taste, but you’ll also want to know where she gets all her recipes from asap.
14. @tastethestyle // tastethestyle.com
Any motto that starts out with: “whoever said fashion and food don’t mix…” we can’t help but be on board with.
15. @jodiwhatscookin // whatscookinggoodlooking.com
Beautiful photos and yummy looking food, sign me up!