I am in utter disbelief it’s already October- time really flies when you’re working all the time, juggling a side hustle, attempting to have a social life, occassionally sleeping and also trying trying to hop on the treadmill every once in a blue moon. Is that how the saying goes?
Recently, I have stumbled upon miraculously free weekends, like this past one where I had not a single plan and it was glorious in the sense of going to bed and not setting an alarm clock. A girlfriend and I had tentatively planned to partake in “fall festivities,” on Saturday, but when the time came our day devoted to pumpkin-everything fell short. Neither of us knew anything going on, and while we ended up having fun meandering through the Lincoln Park Farmer’s Market, it also served as a friendly reminder that there is a finite amount of days that are 60 and sunny and also take place in Chicago.
In the spirit of Fall-ing to the fullest, I’ve rounded up a list of activities happening in the coming that encapsulate autumn, Halloween, and our ever-elusive fall that so quickly disappears into our notourious Windy City Winter.
Hopefully I’ll see you guys at a few of them!
- October 14th – 15th: Chicago’s Food Truck Festival Fall Social: Love food and love knowing the hippest grub in the Windy City? This festival is for you! Stop by La Bagh Woods from 10a through to sunset and try up to 20 vendor’s food truck’s grub. You won’t be disappointed.
- October 15th – Say Cheese Fest @ Concord FiftyFive: Say cheese! Have all your cheesy dreams come true when 14 delicious vendors bring to life a cheese tasting, complimented with booze. Need we say more?
- October 17th – Vapiano Magnificent Mile Grand Opening Party – Although not a typical fall event, this is one of the events I’m most looking forward to! If you consider yourself to be a foodie even a little bit, you have to hit up this grand opening that will feature raffles for gift cards, multiple courses of gourmet bites, Italian desserts you can’t get anywhere else, and of course, some celebratory cocktails. Grab some bubbly and help this L&C favorite celebrate their second location in the Windy City!
- October 28th – Spooky Zoo Spectacular @ Lincoln Park Zoo: Have little ones? This event is perfect for you- head to Lincoln Park Zoo to peruse the animals and celebrate a family-friendly Halloween.
- October 31st – Northalsted Halloween Parade: This one’s a free event – get in the Halloween mood and head to Boystown to witness a Halloween parade that’s sure to turn heads. The parade starts at 7:30 on Halsted and Broadway and meanders down to Halsted and Cornelia.
- November 4th – Farm to Table @ County Line Orchard: Support local farmers and treat yourself to an array of appetizers, beer/ wine/ spirit tastings, gourmet handheld bites and dessert – hit up some apple and pumpkin picking while you’re there too!
- November 10th – November 11th – The Festival of Wood and Barrel Aged Beer: Also, one of my top picks on the list, this infamous festival in Chicago serves hundreds of fine beers and ales for the beer savvy Chicagoans. Hurry up and buy your ticket for this one though- these will definitely sell out.