It’s Tax Day! Hopefully, The Man was good to you this year and you’ll be getting (or have already pocketed) a nice little refund check.
While it’s probably a good idea to save something, a tax refund is also the best excuse of the year to make a fashion investment and buy stylish wardrobe staples you’ll keep in your closet for years to come (without having to break out your credit card to do it). So, send half of that check to your savings account, and then go ahead and treat yo’self to one of these 14 splurge-worthy purchases.
1. Chloe Marcie-Small Leather Crossbody Bag. Every closet needs a Chloe. The small version of Chloe’s classic bag will run you less than $800 (compared to the larger sizes, which can cost upwards of $2,000).
2. Equipment Sleeveless Blouse. Wear it under a blazer, wear it with jeans, tuck it into a skirt … This sleeveless silk blouse from the cult-favorite brand is so versatile, you’ll probably pull it out of your closet once a week.
3. Tory Burch Tory Watch. A gold watch adds polish to every outfit, and this one toes the line between on-trend and heirloom piece.
4. Helmut Lang Worsted Jacket. An outfit every professional gal should have in her wardrobe: a tailored, slightly oversized blazer and skinny pants. This minimalist Helmut Lang version is chic incarnate.
5. Tom Ford Rock 55 mm Sunglasses. The great thing about designer sunglasses: they make even your yoga pants and sneakers look stylish.
6. Vince Ribbed Pencil Dress. Wear it over a white oxford to the office, or pair it with a statement necklace for a wedding.
7. Burberry Balmoral Trench Coat. The brand’s iconic jacket has been a wardrobe staple for fashion girls around the world for decades.
8. Tory Burch Kerrington Square Tote. Summer always calls for a bright tote bag, and it doesn’t get more fun than this one!
9. Commes des Garcons Play Striped Tee. This French-Riviera inspired striped tee, which sports the brand’s super cute logo, is an instant outfit maker–just pair it with jeans and white converse.
10. Fendi Colorblock Sunglasses. See #5.
11. Joes’ Asymmetrical White Skinny Jeans. White jeans are completely unforgiving, so investing in a quality pair will make all the difference in how they flatter you.
12. Jimmy Choo Abel Pump. If you’re going to spend more than a few hundred dollars on shoes, make them a classic. A well-made black pump is an essential you’ll reach for over and over.
13.Valentino Rock Stud Pumps. Or go for the new classic. No matter what you pair these with, your outfit will be on point. Which is totally worth the money.
14. J. Crew Regent Blazer in Linen. A summer-weight blazer never goes out of style. This one from J. Crew is high quality and comes in at under $200.