When you’re booking your next vacation, think to yourself, “do I want to stay in a hotel” or “do I want to stay in my very own Scottish Castle”? If you picked the latter, you’ve come to the right place. Whether it’s your very own safari abode on a remote island in Fiji or a fairytale cottage shaped like a boot, we hand picked 14 amazing airbnbs to fuel your wanderlust Wednesday. Because in our book, a seashell house beats a hotel any day of the week.
1. The Seashell House | Isla Mujeres, Mexico
How many times in your life can you say you stayed in a seashell?
2. Rainforest Treehouse | Cooper, Alajuela, Costa Rica
Live out your inner Tarzan dreams with this treehouse deep in the Costa Rican Rainforest.
3. Aegean Island Villa | Athens, Greece
Grab a group of friends and rent out this private villa in Greece for an unforgettable vacaiton.
4. Geo Dome | Facinas, Andalusia, Spain
This colorful wooden igloo located on the Spanish peninsula will be sure to give you the travel bug.
5. Pueblo Barrancas | La Pedrera, Rocha, Uruguay
Glamping In Uruguary…need we say more?
6. Kasbah du Toubkal Morocco | Marrakesh, Asni, Morocco
Experience the beauty of the Toubkal National Park via the most breathtaking view imaginable.
7. Safari Cabin on a Remote Fijian Island | Qamea Island Taveuni, Fiji
In Fiji when you wake up to the sounds of waves crashing steps from your front door, every morning is a good morning. Whether you’re lazing around in the hammock or trying your hand at snorkeling, you can’t go wrong with this rustic vacation spot.
8. Paris Apartment | Paris, France
Picture yourself waking up to a warm cappuccino, a French macaroon, and a view of the Eiffel Tower. If that’s not enough to have you booking your ticket on AirFrance ASAP, then we don’t know what is!
9. Kangaroo Room | Yarra Junction, Australia
Go down under and hang out with the kangaroos on an isolated wildlife paradise an hour outside of Melbourne.
10. Amboise Troglodyte/Chez Hélène | Nazelles-Négron, Centre, France
This cave-like abode, just miles from the home of Leonardo Da Vinci, is like taking a page right out of your history book.
11. Dairsie Castle | Fife, United Kingdom
Live like British royalty (even if it’s just for a weekend) in this historic Scottish castle.
12. Cubehouse | Rotterdam, South Holland, Netherlands
Rubik’s Cube and architecture aficionados this one’s for you! What better way to stay in Rotterdam than in an bright yellow cube?
13. Copenhagen Houseboat, København S, Denmark
Experience Copenhagen seaside… from a houseboat that is. Float atop Copenhagen’s picturesque harbor and feel free to jump in for a morning swim.
14. The Boot | Tasman, New Zealand
A revamped version of the “old Woman in the Shoe” fairytale, this two story cottage is something straight out of Disney world.