There’s this song that I like to credit for my love of pajama dressing that goes, “She gets dressed up like a pillow so she’s always in bed.” While the lyrics gave me no intention of donning a pillowcase as a dress any time soon, I always used it as an excuse to walk the line between daywear and sleepwear.
Before I lose you all completely at the term “pajama fashion” don’t fret, I’m not talking about a sweatpants and flip-flops ensemble, I’m talking about the chic side of sleepwear… aka silk pants, silk buttdowns, and printed kimonos. To see just what I’m getting at, take a look at how our favorite fashion bloggers made pajama fashion look chic.
1. A white tee and silk pants can be made into a chic daytime look by adding a structured blazer and heels.
2. While the overall vibe of this look screams super casual, the accessories and tailored white pants give it a mature touch.
3. This look is the perfect example of how to wear your favorite sleep tee out and about.
4. Why not dive head first into pajama fashion and hit the streets with a matching two piece set.
5. Jenna Lyons is never one to shy away from comfortable dressing, and this sweatshirt and silk pants combo is the ultimate “just got out of bed look.”
6. Leather harem pants are the perfect way to dress up a black and white buttondown.
7. A high-low skirt dresses up this simple top.
8. Sunnies and denim are the perfect accessories to this floral print top.
9. Sincerely Jules’ laid back Cali style shines through with this VS polka dot top.
10. Less is more is the motto behind this simple look.
11. The key to pajama dressing? Layers!
12. What better way to dress up a matching set than with a leather jacket?
13. Colorblocking is key to this street style approved look.