There’s a saying that if you wait long enough, everything comes back into fashion. While we didn’t have to wait too long for the classic 80’s and 90’s staple–the bodysuit– to come back into style, this classic piece has definitely undergone a serious transformation in the past two decades. Gone are the days of the disco-crazed neon leotards and the 90’s floral bodysuits, and in its place is the 2015/2016 version which is much more sultry with its lace and sheer accents. To show you just how to style this new fashion must-have, we hand-picked our favorite bloggers to show you just how bodysuit styling is done.
1. The simplest way to wear a bodysuit? Paired with your favorite high-waisted skirt.
2. For an elegant night out, Australian model and blogger Micah Gianneli pairs her sheer bodysuit with a blazer and trousers.
3. The Blonde Salad has mastered the effortless cool look, and this Reformation bodysuit and jean combo only accentuates this vibe.
4. If you’re day-dreaming about the summer sun, this black and white outfit combo is the perfect way to spark your summer lust.
5. Belt + Blazer + Boyfriend Jeans = A Chic Model-Off Duty Look
6. Laura Dittrich of the Fashion Landscape shows us that suede on suede can be seriously fashionable when paired with something neutral on top, like this black lace bodysuit.
7. We all know the hassle of tucking your shirt into your trousers only to have it come untucked midway through the day. With a bodysuit, you don’t have to worry about any awkward bunching, lines, or sloppy tucks.
8. Simple long-sleeved bodysuits are great for pairing with your maxi or midi-skirts.
9. The Native Fox knows just how to accessorize her basic bodysuit to make for a flawless ensemble.
10. While this low-cut bodysuit might be a little too risqué for work (unless you’re lucky enough to work in the fashion industry), if you opt for a high-cut one with your favorite high-waisted trousers and peacoat, you’ll have one show-stopping work outfit.
11. To go from the office to a night out, switch out your work blouse for this For Love and Lemons lace bodysuit to spice up the look.
12. Balance out a drapey bodysuit with slim-fitting denim.
13. An easy way to streamline your favorite flares is with this lace I.D. Sarrieri bodysuit.
Shop the Post: