Street style has become almost as large a part of New York Fashion Week as the shows themselves. In fact, the steps of Lincoln Center have become somewhat of a circus of bloggers, editors, stylists, and buyers posing for the pages of The Cut, Style.com, or Refinery29. Basically fashion week means everyone in the industry is showing off their outfit A-game for seven days straight, and we don’t hate it.
Since we’re in the midst of a season change (yay, sweater weather!), we’ve chosen 10 of our favorite street style snaps that are sure to inspire a few fall outfit ideas.
1. “Hello, I’m your fall uniform,” says the photo below. Boyfriend jeans, pumps, a casual blazer and t-shirt = easy perfection.
2. The typography tee has been in style for a while, but funny always = fresh in our book. <3 ramen.
3. Introduce an oversized, but tailored blazer, skinny trousers, and a pair of oxfords into your work repertoire.
4. Leave it to Aimee Song, far right, to nail one of our favorite NYFW looks. The ladylike skirt, fitted crop top and blazer, and mix of prints is bold, but classic, too. Just right for a fall date night.
5. To make this outfit office appropriate: swap her white crop top for a classic button down, tucked into the skirt (or is it pants?). Either way, we love it.
6. The jumpsuit is the trend that just will not die. So why not go for it this season? This look is white hot, but you can’t beat classic black for fall. As it gets colder out, layer it over a fitted long sleeve tee or white oxford.
7. For those Indian summer days: Wear your shorts with a vest and sneakers.
8. Oh, another jumpsuit! But this time, we’re focused on the color combo? Emerald green and black pop, especially when juxtaposed in a bold print. LOVE.
9. Take a cue from this stylish duo and rock denim head-to-toe, or pair a chambray shirt and a leather skirt.
10. Get used to seeing capes. They’ll be everywhere this fall. We’re obsessed with the way this one riffs on the classic trench coat, and updates an otherwise simple look. Note to selves: Layer a cape over a shirt dress.